mardi 15 septembre 2009

Of Mere Bieng Wallace Sevens

The palm at the end of the mind
Beyond the last thought, rises
In the bronze distance

A gold-feathered bird
Sings in the palm, without human meaning
Without human feeling, a foreign song

You know then that it is not the reason
That makes up happy or unhappy
The bird sings. Its feathurs shine

The palm stands on the edge of space
The wind moves slowly in the branches
The bird's fire-fangled feathers dangle down


We studied this poem in class. I'm not accostumated to that kind of work. This poem is complicate to me, and I don't really find a meaning in what he says. I don't find links between stanzas. I understand that he speaks about relaxation, bird's song, palm tree? but there is no sense to me. I hope learn more about poetry to understand messages.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire